Logos RefTagger
Loving Life. Laughing Lots. Learning Always. Join me in the adventure of life as I seek to share the funny stories, the thoughtful ideas, and the passionate convictions of 'My Real Life.'

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Benefits of Reading on Purpose


First off, I love to read!  My wife regularly reminds me that I am a geek.  In fact my oldest son (who also seems to have a love for books, learning, and just 'knowing stuff') looked at me one day very matter-of-factly declaring, "We are geeks, right Dad?" "Yes, I guess so son," I replied.  "But that's OK if we are geeks together, right Dad!?"



Truth be told, I also have a slight addiction to hoarding books.  I am working on that but it is not an altogether undesirable problem to have.


Maybe you've heard it said,


"Leaders are Readers," 
or
"If you stop Reading today, you'll stop Teaching tomorrow!"  
A simple Google search of the "importance of reading" will produce a plethora of articles suggesting multitudes of blessings for simply cracking a book.  Here are a few benefits from one article in that search:
          -Development of language skills
          -Mental development
          -Stimulate eye muscles
          -Improve conversation skills
          -Improve concentration
          -Acquire knowledge
                    ...and the list goes on and on.

I take those to heart and feed the addictive tendencies toward bookworm-ism.  Why not pick up an interesting-looking but slightly neglected tome around your house.


Also Check out:

          Reading on Purpose Again for suggestions on how to read and how to read more.

0 comments:

 
blog comments powered by Disqus